Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blessings for the Bride



Last weekend, I hosted a "Bachelorette Party" for my dearest friend, Cyndi. Cyndi is 20 years old, and is getting married in May to a wonderful young man, Bailey.

Cyndi and I have a special relationship. We met when she was 3 years old. My husband and I lived across the street from her. If I do the math, that means I was about her current age when I met her! I was 21 and newly married myself. Cyndi was so cute. She'd sit on the curb across the street from my house and call out to me with her "cuteness". I'd go over and talk with her, and it became a daily routine. Each day I'd come home, and there she'd be. I walked over and introduced myself to Cyndi's family, and we have had 17 years of friendship from there!

Cyndi asked me to be her Matron of Honor. As you can imagine, as a 38 year old woman with a bridal party of 20 somethings, I was a bit concerned. But, when Cyndi looked me right in the eye and said she wanted me to be her Matron of Honor because I have been her "best friend for 17 years"....well, what can one say to that other than "yes".

For Cyndi's party, one of the activities I planned was making a Bridal Wishes scrapbook. Each guest made a 6 x 6 page, and decorated it with a photo with the bride (taken upon arrival at the party) and then wrote a special blessing message for Cyndi. With some help from the Bind-It-All, I assembled all the pages into a book. Here's how it turned out:





Here is my page, with my photo with the beautiful bride, Cyndi:

I read through each of the messages and my favorite came from Cyndi's step-sister Erin. Erin is a freshman, and wise beyond her years- here's her message: "Cyndi and Bailey, Laugh together, cook together, write together, travel together, BE together". How touching! This Bridal Book ended up being a Blessings Book.............. it's filled with Blessings in friendships, family relationships and loving messages. I think Cyndi will treasure it forever.

Let's all take Erin's advice, and this week, despite all the busy things on our calendars, commit to take some time to just BE with those you love.

Blogging a Bright Idea,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment