Sunday, March 8, 2009

How about those Bright Ideas

While on a recent vacation in Florida, I read an excellent book by Wisconsin author, Sandra Kring, entitled "The Book of Bright Ideas". This is a book about two girls, that come into each others lives due to difficult circumstances, and a joyful friendship that emerges. One of the girls keeps a journal of sorts, in which she documents her bright ideas, as well as the bright ideas of her new friend. Those ideas are captured with the clarity and innocence of a nine year old girls mind- and it makes them delightful!

Reading this book caused me to contemplate several 'bright ideas' of my own. Whenever I am on vacation, my brain kicks into overdrive thinking about things that I might not normally have the time to ponder. Those things are usually of a creative vein- like starting a blog, or writing a book, or new scrapbooking ideas! Well, that trip was part of what started my motivation to blog, and that wonderful book is what sparked my blog title, "Blog of Bright Ideas". I know my ideas won't hold a candle to the precious ideas of the characters in that book (which I hope you will get and read!), but the concept of hunting for and capturing bright ideas is a good one for all of us. You'd be amazed at what you will discover when you give yourself a minute to look for something inspiring and motivating!

Speaking of good ideas.....I just finished the family scrapbook page for our trip to Florida. Because we always have a lot of good scrap-worthy photos, I frequently go to my CTMH template book, "Cherish" and use template Fab Fifteen to complete pages with many photos. This time was no different (that template has documented many good memories!).




I typed the journaling this time, including small strips of journaling to help specify all of the great things we did on that trip. I know someday I will be thankful for the extra attention I've taken to document our family memories. I am already thankful!

Here's hoping that you have a great week, filled with inspiring ideas.

Blogging a bright idea,

Holly Hakes


No comments:

Post a Comment