Tuesday, November 16, 2010

HOORAY for scrapbooking!

In my professional life, I am a motivational speaker (among many other things). I recently gave one of my favorite speeches, entitled "HOORAY" to a large group of women in Wisconsin. HOORAY is about embracing the moments in your life that tickle your soul. It's also about making those moments available to you, and being sure to notice and capture them, so you can appreciate your good fortune.

That causes me to say "HOORAY" for scrapbooking! I love being a Close To My Heart consultant because it empowers me to do what I love (create!) and it opens my life to friendships with other artists as well!

I have been busy creating some "HOORAY" gifts, and want to share some with you:

Two co-workers had babies and what better gift than handmade baby announcements:



Sweet Baby Harper had some seriously cool announcements to introduce himself to the world. Not to be out done, Baby Joshua was next:

Now, I'm fairly creative, but let's be real! I don't have the time to sit down and create this inspiration all by myself! I got the templates from the instructional books that CTMH sells which are designs created by Jeanette Lynton. I have all of her books. I just follow the directions, and wa-la! I look like an artist! (Ask my how- I'll show you how to get your own and teach you how to use them!)

Celebrating the birth of a new baby is a guaranteed "HOORAY". Making a handmade gift and sharing it with all of you is cause for HOORAY too! (for more Hooray moments, visit my work blog at www.blog.REALiving.net ).

When you are done surfing the blogs, you can visit my Close To My Heart webpage and browse the catalog, get your holiday shopping done on-line and look at the artwork on my webage (http://hollyhakes.myctmh.com ). That will give you enough inspiration to exclaim HOORAY yourself!

Bloggin' a Bright Idea,

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment