Monday, April 19, 2010

I Can't Stop Making Cards!

Our lives are busy, and sometimes, I just can't come up with the time I want to do my favorite thing- scrapbook and make cards. This weekend, I decided my card making materials were coming to the cabin with me!! I knew I could find some time there, away from all of my obligations!

As a result, I have card mania!! I was excited to try out some new products, including new Stamps of the Month. Take a peek:


This stamp set is a customer favorite, "Cupcake Sprinkles" D1336. I like it because I very easily assembled a cute cupcake and message, with minimal embellishments (one red brad) and it is still cute as can be! I stamped the bottom on Indian corn blue card stock (in the same color ink) and then cut it out. That adds a tiny bit of dimension to the card. Also, the original stamp had 'hey there cupcake' all connected. Using masking, I was able to separate the words to work on my card. Ask me, I'll show you how!






Upcoming Stamp of the month alert!!! This super cute stamp is the new July stamp of the month. It is called 'Happy Forever' and is available only in July. This cute little guy was great to color. I used my watercolor pencils and a blending pen for a great appearance. I didn't even use any embellishments on this card, and it is still cute!








Okay, let's make this interesting. See if you can figure out what stamp set I used here. If you email me the name of the stamp set and the product number for it, I will send you a CTMH reward! It is a very versatile set and it made a big impact here!
These papers were left over from an old project where I quilted the paper. You heard right! I sewed together two pieces of paper with batting in between them, and stitched randomly. I used left over pieces to make this interesting (and comfortable!) card!
A weekend at the cabin, scraps and left overs from partially used paper packets, a few new stamps for inspiration and wala- CARD MANIA AT THE CABIN!
You can make amazing paper craft projects too, using CTMH products. Ask me how!!
Now I'm off to mail out some of these cards. Maybe you will be someone that receives one!
Bloggin a bright idea,
Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment